If you are someone planning on a trip to Costa Rica, then you need to learn about certain rules, guidelines, and restrictions set by the country before taking a visit.
Costa Rica opened back in November 2020, for travel. It has focused on developing a digital nomad visa to ease up traveling process for the visitors to promote contributions to the local economy. If you are someone planning on a trip to Costa Rica, then you need to learn about certain rules, guidelines, and restrictions set by the country before taking a visit.
In this article, we will be covering all the necessary information required to travel to Costa Rica.
Restrictions and Guidelines to Be Followed
Costa Rica is opened to travel for everyone. However, certain restrictions are required to be followed. These are mentioned as under:
- Conducting a negative PCR test is no longer necessary, however, passengers are requested to fill a heath pass before taking a trip to Costa Rica. On arrival, passengers are requested to show the QR code, offered to them from the website since tourism is now digitalized due to certain circumstances (e.g. COVID-19).
- A health pass online form is available at https://salud.go.cr. It can be completed only 48 hours before the time of departure. This form can be completed per person without exemption including minors.
- If you find difficulty in getting a policy that includes quarantine insurance, you can always visit their health pass website to see some suggestions.
- Valid traveling insurance is necessary to be carried by the individuals seeking a trip to Costa Rica. The travel insurance will cover potential “quarantine accommodation” that is the lodging expenses which will be up to $2000 and medical expenses will be $50,000 respectively.
- The traveling insurance must be accompanied along by a certificate, written in either English or Spanish offering the name of the policyholder, coverage dates, and guarantees.
- There is a possibility that the residents of Costa Rica nationals may be subjected to self-isolation upon arrival.
Requirements to Enter and Exit Costa Rica
👨⚕️👉 Si usted usa mascarilla de tela, es importante que conozca estas recomendaciones para prevenir enfermar de #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/DlCctOZMla— Ministerio de Salud de Costa Rica (@msaludcr) April 27, 2021
To enter and exit Costa Rica, certain requirements are needed to be followed. They are as follows:
- The United States (US) citizens are allowed from all 50 states and from Washington D.C. to enter Costa Rica through air flights departing from the US. The States citizens can also enter through cross bordering on land.
- Proof of medical insurance policy is necessary to provide in case of COVID-19. For international travel, accommodation of certificate in wither English or Spanish is recommended as mentioned previously. To verify your current insurance policy, you can always email [email protected] regarding questions, and acceptance of your health insurance.
- The immigrants of Costa Rica have the sole authority to determine their length of stay within the country. However, their stay cannot expand from more than 90 days due to COVID-19 guidelines. For more information, you can call 1311l, the helpline of the migration call center.
- An online health pass is necessary to be completed.
- US tourists must have a valid passport, with proof of intent to leave/exit Costa Rica within 90 days.
If you have any further questions about entry requirements, don’t hesitate on contacting me!