Check here the latest requirement list if you’re traveling to Costa Rica during COVID-19 from November 01, 2020
Entry Requirements Update to Costa Rica during COVID-19
One of the good things about COVID-19 is the fact that we’ve enforced to change and adapt faster than ever. Taking that into consideration, here are the upgrade requirements if you’re traveling to Costa Rica during COVID-19.
Since November 1st: Travelers must fulfill the following requirements:
1. COVID-19 PCR Test.
Its no longer required to enter Costa Rica.
2. Quarantine Period.
Authorities are no longer requesting to stay in a quarantine time frame if you are traveling to Costa Rica during COVID-19. It means you can go to your hotel, to the beach, to the mountains without any restriction.
3. Purchase Health Insurance that meets the following requirements:
To have an approved travel health insurance is one of the must-have requirements to fill the Health Pass Form 48 hrs before traveling to Costa Rica during COVID-19.
You must purchase travel insurance with the following characteristics:
- Valid and effective policy during your visit to Costa Rica.
- Guarantee medical coverage in cases of pandemic disease COVID 19 in Costa Rica, minimum amount: $ 50,000 (fifty thousand dollars of the United States of America).
- Accommodation coverage in case of quarantine and medical expenses due to COVID-19 illness.
- A minimum coverage of US $ 2,000 for prolonged accommodation expenses due to pandemic illness or interruption/cancellation of the trip due to illness, which covers the extra cost of the passenger due to quarantine.
In the case you have international travel insurance:
You must provide a certification issued in English or Spanish to Costa Rica authorities and, if more information is needed, they will contact you through the email address indicated in the Health Pass.
If you do not have international insurance and you are traveling to Costa Rica during COVID-19:
Costa Rican companies approved by SUGESE (General Superintendency of Insurance of Costa Rica) offer their services at international airports: Juan Santamaría (SJO) and Daniel Oduber Quirós (LIR).
You can locate the authorized travel insurance and also meet all requirements, including health care coverage and COVID-19, on the following link: Grupo INS.
If you have any questions about the insurance requirements or conditions, please email [email protected].
4. Health Pass Form
Fill in the digital form called “Health Pass.” You may find it at Ministerio de Salud Form Health Pass; please note it’s only available in English and Spanish.
Key Points about this Health Pass Form:
- Health Pass form; must be filled in 48 hours before boarding your flight.
- One Health Pass Form per person, no matter the age.
- Even though Health Pass Form provides you a way to save the QR Code, I recommend you to take a copy of the QR with a screenshot too as a backup.
Please note not fulfilling the Travel Health Insurance and Health Pass Form will automatically decline your entry to Costa Rica.
Also, keep in mind the pandemic situation may change at any point, and the authorities will try to communicate any of this change with time to adjust itineraries and to coordinate changes with airlines.